Multiple senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that the suspicious device discovered Sunday night in Elizabeth looked similar in appearance to the one that exploded Saturday morning in Seaside Park, N.J.
* Device explodes in Elizabeth, N.J.
* Surveillance video may show the same man at both New York locations where devices were found.
* Governor orders 1,000 state troopers and National Guard soldiers to New York City.
* Authorities investigating 911 call claiming responsibility.
* Officials attempting to identify suspects from surveillance video.
* Both NYC “bomb” and explosive device in New Jersey used flip-phones.
FBI agents arrested five men who may be connected to Saturday’s bombing in Chelsea after stopping their car in Brooklyn, sources said.
The men were heading over the Verrazano Bridge from Staten Island when they were stopped Sunday night.
Sources said the FBI suspected the men may have had a role in the bombing and were questioning them at the FBI headquarters in Manhattan.
It is believed the men, who live in New Jersey, were heading to the airport when they were busted.
Meanwhile, New Jersey Transit says service on the Northeast Corridor line has been suspended between Newark and Elizabeth because of police activity near Elizabeth.
A source said that at least one explosive device was found at the train station in Elizabeth.
Sunday’s bombing in New York left 29 injured when a small bomb went off on West 23rd Street. Another device was found on 27th street, but it did not explode.
Also, officials were investigating if the two New York bombs were connected to a bomb that went off at a charity road race in Seaside Park, NJ, that occurred on the same day.
We did a traffic stop of a vehicle of interest in the investigation. No one has been charged with any crime. The investigation is continuing
— FBI New York (@NewYorkFBI) September 19, 2016
— Anthony DiLorenzo (@ADiLorenzoTV) September 19, 2016