London Bridge Terrorists Shot Dead In Hail of 50 Bullets

Islamic state have claimed responsibility for the London Bridge terrorist attack that killed seven and the first victim has been identified.

A statement posted on the terror group’s media page Amaq said: “A detachment of Islamic State fighters executed yesterday’s London attack.”

Canadian Chrissy Archibald from Castlegar, British Colombia, is among the seven people killed in the atrocity last night, a family spokesperson confirmed.

In a statement her family said: “We grieve the loss of our beautiful, loving daughter and sister.

“She had room in her heart for everyone and believed strongly that every person was to be valued and respected.

“She lived this belief working in a shelter for the homeless until she moved to Europe to be with her fiancé.

“She would have had no understanding of the callous cruelty that caused her death. Please honor her by making your community a better place. Volunteer your time and labor or donate to a homeless shelter. Tell them Chrissy sent you.”

The attack has left 21 people in a critical condition after the three terrorists drove a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing bystanders on Saturday night.

The terrorists were shot dead in a hail of 50 bullets by eight police officers.

Another victim is believed to be a French national, 27, who has not yet been named, and reportedly worked in Boro Bistro restaurant. He had been living in London for the past two years, according to Ouest France.

When police open fired, a member of the public was reportedly shot in the head after getting caught in the police crossfire, but survived, according to the Guardian.

A senior doctor at the Royal London Hospital told the newspaper the man was “absolutely not dying” and is expected to make a full recovery.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said armed officers fired an unprecedented number of rounds to make sure they had “neutralised the attackers”, who initially appeared to be suicide bombers.

Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, Mr Rowley said: “The van mounted the pavement and collided with pedestrians before being abandoned where attackers were armed with knives, continued into the Borough Market area, stabbing numerous people.

“The attackers were then confronted by the firearms officers and I can confirm eight police firearms officers discharged their weapons.

“While this will be subject to an investigation by the IPCC, our initial assessment is in the region of 50 rounds, 50 bullets were fired by those eight officers. The three attackers were shot dead.

“The situation these officers were confronted with was critical – a matter of life and death – three armed men wearing what appeared to be suicide belts.

“They had already attacked and killed members of the public and had to be stopped immediately.

“Indeed, I’m not surprised with what they must have feared were three suicide bombers the firearms officers fired an unprecedented number of rounds to be completely confident they had neutralised the threat that those men posed.”

He said police are making “significant progress” in identifying the three attackers.

Four police officers are among the total of 48 following last night’s attack night.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply