New Rochelle, NY – Jewish Family Hospitalized For Carbon Monoxide After Passover Seder

New Rochelle, NY – Authorities say more than a dozen family members celebrating Passover were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure over the weekend.

Family members say 24 people were sleeping in the New Rochelle home when the alarm sounded around 4:30 a.m. Saturday.

Four generations of extended family had gone to sleep about three hours prior to the alarm that sent firefighters and EMTs to the home.

Officials say the family had elevated levels of carbon monoxide and at least 14 were hospitalized.

Family members say all of the victims have been released from the hospital and the source of the carbon monoxide release was found to be an oven.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply