Arkansas K-9 Found Alive After It Went Missing Amid Gunman’s Ambush Attack on Officers

The wounded Arkansas police dog that went missing amid the chaos of a gunman’s ambush attack on her human colleagues was found alive, officials said.

Kina, a German shepherd with the Greenwood Police Department, ran off after she was shot twice during the Wednesday morning attack that killed one deputy and wounded a local police chief.

She was found two days later, about a mile from the crime scene in rural Western Arkansas, officials said.

“We have her!!!” Greenwood Police announced on their Facebook page Friday morning.

The pup was taken to a local veterinarian for treatment. She is expected to make a full recovery.

Kina was with two local officers — Sebastian County deputy Bill Cooper and Hackett Police Chief Darrell Spells — when they responded to a Wednesday morning disturbance call at a Greenwood mobile home.

Billy Jones, 34, opened fire on the cops when they arrived, police said. Cooper, a 15-year force veteran, was killed in the shooting, while Spells suffered a graze wound to his head. When back-up officers arrived, they found Kina missing and Jones barricaded inside his trailer.

During an hours-long standoff, Jones fired on the fleets of officers from local organizations surrounding his home. While the bullets prompted cops to retreat, the gunman didn’t injure any other officers.

Kina was missing for two days before workers found her in an under-construction home, just about a mile from Jones’ trailer.

Greenwood police shared emotional video from her reunion with her handler, Greenwood Police Officer Dennis Wisner.

“Kina! Hey, where have you been?” Wisner shouts as he walks toward Kina, who was still hiding.

The overjoyed pooch ran toward her handler when he crouched down and opened his arms.

“Come here girl!” Wisner said as he hugged his beloved K-9. “Good girl!”

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply